What an amazing couple of months it has been for us and the team in the Villages!! God is so good!
God is in the process of maturing His bride to enable us to walk in greater authority and love, to touch a broken world around us. Plenty happened this first part of the year and we would like to give you a brief overview:
- Three new villages, Esqhitini, Jekezi and Mngcangcatalveni, opened up to us and we are having weekly services in these villages.
- Many were physically healed by the Lord. From arthritic pain, lumps in their bodies, ladies on crutches and serious digestive issues.
- The Lord were adding new believers to us weekly. We saw approximately 70 new conversions in this time.
- Approximately 15 people were baptised over the past few months.
- The Ekukhanyeni learning centre was launched by Marise and the team, including Ingrid Kleinschmidt, Daniel Rothmann and Bonile Dawuwa. We have 80-90 learners visiting the base on a daily basis for English lessons.
- We took in two single mothers with 8 children between them and were able to disciple, teach and train them to manage their finances better, parent better and grow in the Lord.
- Sadly we said good-bye to the Vermeulen family. They served us for an amazing 4 year season which came to an end with Aflame in this time. We are very sad, but grateful for all that they have done with us for the Lord in this season.
- Clair van Eyssen joined the team and is helping us with all the administration and co-ordination in the ministry.
- We received quad bikes that empower our pastors to get around easily to the villages to preach and share the Gospel. Thank you for everyone who donated and gave towards this cause.
Prayer requests and needs:
- Pray for refreshing and strengthening for the team.
- Brave and courageous Xhosa team members to be added to us
- We feel that it is time for Jairos Shelele and his family to join the work in the Transkei. Please pray for favour on this, the right connections for legal permits for him and his family, and the right replacement for them in Zimbabwe.
- Financial support is always needed. As the work expands, so does the monthly operational cost. Please pray for sponsors to help and invest in what God is doing in the Transkei.
June Itinerant Ministry:
Finally we are able to travel and do conferences again with all the lockdown restrictions that have been lifted. I (Henk) will be ministering in the following cities in June:
- 11-13 June, Kokstad, CCMC
- 19-20 June, Pretoria, Kingdom Family 24
- 25-27 June, Durbanville, Lewende Woord Kaap